But hey, it does go up.
The Boring Statistics
This week’s statistics were:
- Posts: 29 posts — one extra (Saturday’s Breaking: Today’s “Refugees” Being Detained)
- Word count: 20,231.
- Central Tendency Measures: Mean and median were low end of normal range at 698 and 520.
- Posts below 100 words in length: 1
- Posts over 2,000: 2
- Posts below 500: 14
- Posts over 1000: 4
Significant milestones: None observed.
Traffic continues to be satisfactory.
Comments This Week
Comments: 658 as of 2200 Saturday. (At the same time, we show 752 for Week 3, 852 for Week 2, and 659 for Week 1. Too early to establish a trend).
Most commented post: Tuesday’s A Master Class on Influence Operations at CIA, with 82.
Second most commented (i.e. runner-up) was Wednesday’s Careerism and the Military, with 69 comments.
Thank you all for reading and commenting.
The Week in Posts
Here’s the recap of our posts for this week: (If the links are not live, they will be fleshed out later).
- Sunday Slippage is our usual Sunday post.
- We offer Some More SIG Updates: MPX, M17 (P320) Pistol
- Somebody is always the first to employ a new weapon. And some other guy gets to be the one it’s deployed on: An Unwanted First for the Destroyer Okhotnik
- He wasn’t intending to raise awareness of motor vehicle law: When Guns are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have Jeeps
- Some of the play-by-play as NH Moves towards Constitutional Carry
- Quick thinking and partnership saved a historical resource that nearly went dark. The 5.56 Timeline is Dead! Long live the 5.56 Timeline!
- It wasn’t a Presidential speech, it was A Master Class on Influence Operations at CIA
- When Guns are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have One Punch. And they’ll still kill people with it.
- Here’s A Murder in Public. We’ll say this for pervasive surveillance — it’s given us a lot of gunfight and crime videos to analyze.
- MagPul Mag and Stock Clearance at Midway where you can save on unpopular and last year’s models.
- No, the Army Will Not Make a Man out of You. The recruiting propaganda lies; you gotta do it yourself.
- You’re never entirely disarmed. When Guns are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have Teeth
- Remember Cop-Killer Markeith Loyd? Some details about his bust and the associated Fake News.
- What’s in Bin Laden’s bookcase? Wednesday Weapons Website of the Week: IC on the Record.
- Quest for relevance at an agency targeted for dissolution: ATF Cracks Down on Retro Builders using 80% Receivers
- Careerism and the Military. If your focus is your own advancement, you’re going to stink as a leader.
- When Guns are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have Smothers Little Helper is another Mother of the Year entrant.
- We look in to Two Questionable Self Defense Cases, of the sort that keeps Andrew Branca in overpriced motorbike parts.
- We discuss Seecamp Pocket Pistols. (Read the comments, because a couple of our readers have not had a good experience with the LWS-25, -32 or -.380).
- The military struggles daily with The Problem of Up-or-Out.
- Assault in the Asian restaurant: When Guns are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have Chili Powder.
- Poly-Ticks: Constitutional Carry Update follows up on our NH story earlier this week with a national outlook through 2021 or so.
- Friday Tour d’Horizon, 2017 Week 04 was fairly wide-ranging.
- They always say this, usually in tears: He Didn’t Know it was Loaded!
- Breaking: Today’s “Refugees” Being Detained. We’ll stick to our domestic terrorists, thanks. The imports adjust badly and don’t hold up.
- Here’s a Schwimmwagen For the WWII Collector Who Has Everything
- When Guns are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have Gold. Most of the time, this element is harmless. But melt it and pour it in Sumdood’s throat?
- Cult classic: Saturday Matinee 2017 04: John Wick
- Bringing us around to the recursive: That Was the Week that Was: 2017 Week 04.
Next week promises to be fraught with work and travel and stuff, so things might get slow on the posting front. How slow? Somewhere between a sleepy Small Dog Mk II and a FOIA request to NSA. But we will endeavor, as ever, to provide for your education and entertainment.
Kevin was a former Special Forces weapons man (MOS 18B, before the 18 series, 11B with Skill Qualification Indicator of S). His focus was on weapons: their history, effects and employment. He started WeaponsMan.com in 2011 and operated it until he passed away in 2017. His work is being preserved here at the request of his family.