So far, at least as far as the blog goes, we are loving 2016. We’re dictating this post into a new computer, because our arms are full of sleeping Small Dog. It just doesn’t get any better than that!
Of course, it may not be that good for Small Dog, who, as we dictate this, is awaiting a appointment with the vet. There are many possible outcomes, including such undesirable possibilities as a splint, an overnight stay, or even the Cone of Shame.
Work has been chaotic with a project that we’ve worked on for three years coming to an unsatisfactory end. Sometimes that happens. And another door has hinted that it’s about to open. Isn’t that always the way of things?
The Boring Statistics
This week’s statistics are fairly normal for these days: 27 posts and about 20,000 words . Our average post was 813 words long, and the median was 424, indicates that a few long posts blew that mean up. Post length ranged from 133 to 3296 words.
If we hit any milestones this week, we didn’t notice.
Comments This Week
Comments were above average at 414 by the much-delayed close of this post (The next Saturday. Queue for your refunds at the customer service window), but not the preceding week’s 470. Most commented post was Friday’s, The FBI Trickles Out Some Video from Oregon, with 90 comments, showing that a late week post can do well, or that doing this TW3 late lets late week posts catch up — pick one.
Runner-up was Tuesday’s Who Taught You to Walk?
We didn’t do a book review this week — too busy. So we can’t compare Book Review comments to When Guns Are Outlawed comments.
The Week in Posts
Here’s the recap of our posts for this week: (links will be fleshed out and live later).
- Sunday Sleeping In
- Pistols & Optimizing vs. Satisficing
- Just a Reminder: the VA Creates a Local Low-Pressure Area
- When Guns are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have Fists
- When the Cop is a Crim
- The Czech “DUO” & Z Pistol, 1938-Present
- Who Taught You to Walk?
- When Guns are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have Gravity
- Self Defense Case in Britain
- How Can You Kill ‘Em When They’re Already Dead?
- Bouncing the Gates
- When Guns are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have Generators
- The Limits of <i>Un</i>armed Self-Defense
- Wednesday Weapons Website of the Week: This Ain’t Hell.us
- Range 15 Movie Trailer (NSFW Warning!)
- The Fight that Ruined a New Weapon’s Reputation
- When Guns are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have Wrenches
- The USMLM and Soviet Technology
- Hidden Camera: Automatic Weapons with No Background Check!
- Homeland Security is in the Very Best of Hands
- When Guns are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have Fear
- The FBI Trickles Out Some Video from Oregon
- Classification of Automatic Weapons Actions
- The National Commission on the Future of the Army has Spoken
- When Guns are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have Cutlasses
- Saturday Matinee 2016 04: John Wick
- That Was the Week that Was: 2016 Week 04
Be very quiet. We’re thinking….
Kevin was a former Special Forces weapons man (MOS 18B, before the 18 series, 11B with Skill Qualification Indicator of S). His focus was on weapons: their history, effects and employment. He started WeaponsMan.com in 2011 and operated it until he passed away in 2017. His work is being preserved here at the request of his family.