But hey, it does go up.
The Boring Statistics
This week’s statistics were:
- Posts: 29 posts — one extra (Saturday’s Breaking: Today’s “Refugees” Being Detained)
- Word count: 20,231.
- Central Tendency Measures: Mean and median were low end of normal range at 698 and 520.
- Posts below 100 words in length: 1
- Posts over 2,000: 2
- Posts below 500: 14
- Posts over 1000: 4
Significant milestones: None observed.
Traffic continues to be satisfactory.
Comments This Week
Comments: 658 as of 2200 Saturday. (At the same time, we show 752 for Week 3, 852 for Week 2, and 659 for Week 1. Too early to establish a trend).
Most commented post: Tuesday’s A Master Class on Influence Operations at CIA, with 82.
Second most commented (i.e. runner-up) was Wednesday’s Careerism and the Military, with 69 comments.
Thank you all for reading and commenting.
The Week in Posts
Here’s the recap of our posts for this week: (If the links are not live, they will be fleshed out later).
- Sunday Slippage is our usual Sunday post.
- We offer Some More SIG Updates: MPX, M17 (P320) Pistol
- Somebody is always the first to employ a new weapon. And some other guy gets to be the one it’s deployed on: An Unwanted First for the Destroyer Okhotnik
- He wasn’t intending to raise awareness of motor vehicle law: When Guns are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have Jeeps
- Some of the play-by-play as NH Moves towards Constitutional Carry
- Quick thinking and partnership saved a historical resource that nearly went dark. The 5.56 Timeline is Dead! Long live the 5.56 Timeline!
- It wasn’t a Presidential speech, it was A Master Class on Influence Operations at CIA
- When Guns are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have One Punch. And they’ll still kill people with it.
- Here’s A Murder in Public. We’ll say this for pervasive surveillance — it’s given us a lot of gunfight and crime videos to analyze.
- MagPul Mag and Stock Clearance at Midway where you can save on unpopular and last year’s models.
- No, the Army Will Not Make a Man out of You. The recruiting propaganda lies; you gotta do it yourself.
- You’re never entirely disarmed. When Guns are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have Teeth
- Remember Cop-Killer Markeith Loyd? Some details about his bust and the associated Fake News.
- What’s in Bin Laden’s bookcase? Wednesday Weapons Website of the Week: IC on the Record.
- Quest for relevance at an agency targeted for dissolution: ATF Cracks Down on Retro Builders using 80% Receivers
- Careerism and the Military. If your focus is your own advancement, you’re going to stink as a leader.
- When Guns are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have Smothers Little Helper is another Mother of the Year entrant.
- We look in to Two Questionable Self Defense Cases, of the sort that keeps Andrew Branca in overpriced motorbike parts.
- We discuss Seecamp Pocket Pistols. (Read the comments, because a couple of our readers have not had a good experience with the LWS-25, -32 or -.380).
- The military struggles daily with The Problem of Up-or-Out.
- Assault in the Asian restaurant: When Guns are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have Chili Powder.
- Poly-Ticks: Constitutional Carry Update follows up on our NH story earlier this week with a national outlook through 2021 or so.
- Friday Tour d’Horizon, 2017 Week 04 was fairly wide-ranging.
- They always say this, usually in tears: He Didn’t Know it was Loaded!
- Breaking: Today’s “Refugees” Being Detained. We’ll stick to our domestic terrorists, thanks. The imports adjust badly and don’t hold up.
- Here’s a Schwimmwagen For the WWII Collector Who Has Everything
- When Guns are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have Gold. Most of the time, this element is harmless. But melt it and pour it in Sumdood’s throat?
- Cult classic: Saturday Matinee 2017 04: John Wick
- Bringing us around to the recursive: That Was the Week that Was: 2017 Week 04.
Next week promises to be fraught with work and travel and stuff, so things might get slow on the posting front. How slow? Somewhere between a sleepy Small Dog Mk II and a FOIA request to NSA. But we will endeavor, as ever, to provide for your education and entertainment.