We’re going to make an effort to include these, this year. Last year we petered out on them pretty early; this year we’re going to try to make this weekly wrap leaner, so that it goes up on time and consistently.
As we said last time we published one of these TW3s last year, we do these mostly for our own edification, to review the previous week and try to adjust our performance in the new week. Perhaps it’s a bit obsessive, although we let it go when we haven’t time to do it.
The Boring Statistics
This week’s statistics were:
- Posts: 28 posts — normal
- Word count: 19,387
- Central Tendency Measures: Mean and median were nothing special at 693 and 633
- Posts below 100 words in length: 0
- Posts over2,000: 1
- Posts below 500: 9
- Posts over 1000: 2
Significant milestones: Five years of daily publication (since 1 Jan 2012).
Traffic-wise, WeaponsMan.com continues to grow. If we finished the year at this rate, we would have over three million uniques for the first time (because of seasonality in the data, that’s higher than the number we’re actually projecting). We think that means people find entertainment and educational value in what we post here.
Comments This Week
Comments: 611 as of 0900 Sunday.
Most commented post: last Sunday’s Sunday ’17 — WeaponsMan Turns 5 with 76.
Second most commented (i.e. runner-up) was Monday’s When the Army Resisted the M16A2, Part 3 of 3 with 70 comments.
Thank you all for reading and commenting.
The Week in Posts
Here’s the recap of our posts for this week: (If the links are not live, they will be fleshed out later).
- Sunday ’17 — WeaponsMan Turns 5 kicked off the first week of a new year.
- We finished up a running series with When the Army Resisted the M16A2, Part 3 of 3
- Steyr / Rheinmetall Enters the G36 Replacement Competition in Germany, and our observations thereupon.
- Who drop’d the baby? When Guns are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have Self-Absorbed Moms and Negligent Nannies
- Go get you copy of a Free Novel by Nick Cole. (We paid for ours and thought it was worth the money).
- A “new” bullpup 5.56 has a long and international history: The KM17s Follows the Leader.
- Ave atque Vale, F-4 Phantom. It’s the end of US service for the historic jet.
- Yes, you can be killed instantly by a 20-foot fall onto snow. When Guns are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have Chair Lifts.
- A Quick VA Roundup and it’s not all bad news for a change
- This guy displayed some of his collection using an interesting theme: Pistols, Each with a First.
- They’re running out of carriers, the LCS fleet can’t do anything, but there is Something the Navy is Doing Right.
- It’s only safety gear when used as instructed: When Guns are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have Bike Helmets.
- A survivor shares her Lessons from a Home Invasion.
- Wednesday Weapons Website of the Week: The Five Bravo, because there is no life without humor.
- Pakistan <i>May</i> be Adopting a CZ Bren Variant. And they may not, in that inscrutable state, born of Jinnah’s ambition and mohammedan inability to play with others.
- The feeble, ineffective Obama Administration is Going Out with a Whimper. Kind of the same way it came in.
- It had to happen sometime: When Guns are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have Bayonets
- They Paroled a Serial Killer — And Then Let Him Slide. “They” being Pennsylvania in this case, but what state is not guilty of this?
- It’s not a dirty word, honest: Have You Gymnasticated Your Gun Today?
- A little light on shadow information gathering: Indian Intel on Pakistani Nukes
- When Guns are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have Cars. And they’ll kill people with ’em.
- Bad news for locals, but understandable. Sig Sauer Expands… But Not in NH, in AR. Apart from the reasons mentioned in the article, SIG has to be nervous about the state’s long-term political direction, with all four members of the Congressional delegation being militantly anti-gun.
- Friday Tour d’Horizon, 2017 Week 01 rounds up some of the stories we didn’t otherwise cover.
- Persistence of “Obsolete” Gun Designs: 5 Reasons that technology doesn’t drive some classes of firearm any more.
- Feel-good Army story: Guard Aircrew & Civilians Team Up for Rescue
- When Guns are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have Harpoons. Contrary to first impression from the title, wounded person here was not a campus feminist.
- Saturday Matinee 2017 01: Ambush (Finnish, 2002). A good movie you may not have heard of.
- Back around to here: That Was the Week that Was: 2017 Week 01.
No promises, yet.