When the budget gets tight, the Army always finds money for its leaders’ real priorities. If you’re of a certain vintage, you might remember the scores of millions that were blown on the COO or “Consideration Of Others” program, developed by then-First Lady Hillary Clinton’s “favorite general,” Claudia Kennedy, and force-fed to the unwilling troops. The idea was to make the Army less warlike and more welcoming to women and girly-men; it was forged where the rabidly ambitious Kennedy spent her whole career, amid the delicate Unique And Special Snowflakes™ of Military Intelligence.
But that was then, and this is now. The current boondoggle is an Optimism Program (we are not making that up), which is intended to make the troops sappily happy despite being led by self-serving suits and too many generals who have made the Blue Falcon the lodestar of their ambition.
So over the past six years, the time that Obama has been in office, the taxpayer has forked out $287 million in an “optimism” program for the army. This is the same army that ignored dangerous warning signs that Nidal Hasan was a terrorist-in-waiting, the same army that then declared the Fort Hood terror attack “workplace violence,” and the same army that also refused–for six years–to pay benefits to those injured or to the families of those lost?
There have been numerous reports of top army commanders being “culled” from the military for everything from being “too cautious and conventionally minded” to “being too hawkish about Iran.
The army has sadly become famous for its attacks on Christianity and its Christian soldiers. For example, the army labeled Christian Ministries “domestic hate groups,” Bibles were banned from Walter Reed Army Medical Center (a decision that was later rescinded), chaplains have been ordered not to quote the Bible or pray in Jesus’ name, and when that resulted in public outrage, the Army simply announced plans to disband its Chaplain corps.
And then there’s the Bergdahl travesty and the fact that our veterans are dying due to VA corruption, incompetence, and deception and are repeatedly put on hold when they call the VA suicide prevention hotline. Veterans’ deaths were lied about and covered up by the VA, and whistle-blowers are still being unlawfully targeted for retribution.
It’s been a year since the VA scandal, but nothing has changed:
Lives were lost and forever changed to make strides in Iraq, Yemen, Afghanistan, and our military sees their commander in chief not only preside over the loss of those hard-won gains but brag about it and announce plans to “shrink” the army to “pre-World War II levels.”
The Army study escaped from its close confinement and was also seen by USA Today, who noted inter alia these results:
The effort produced startlingly negative results. In addition to low optimism and job satisfaction, more than half reported poor nutrition and sleep, and only 14% said they are eating right and getting enough rest.
More than half of some 770,000 soldiers are pessimistic about their future in the military
403,564 soldiers, or 52%, scored badly in the area of optimism, agreeing with statements such as “I rarely count on good things happening to me.”
Forty-eight percent or about 370,000 soldiers showed a lack of commitment to their job or would have chosen another if they had it to do over again. Only 28% felt good about what they do.
About 300,000 soldiers or nearly 40% didn’t trust their immediate supervisor or fellow soldiers in their unit or didn’t feel respected or valued. Thirty-two percent felt good about about bosses and peers.
In one positive trend, more than 400,000 soldiers or 53% said they were satisfied or extremely satisfied with their marriage, personal relationship or family. About 240,000 expressed dissatisfaction.
For physical fitness, nearly 40% were in good shape, 28% were borderline, and 33% did poorly.
So, it’s official: Army morale sucks.
Gee, why might Army morale suck? Let us, as the other Browning says, count the ways.
- Social engineering;
- SHARP training that lectures and belittles male troops;
- Suicide prevention training that makes you want to kill yourself, just to make the Death by Powerpoint stop;
- Reflective belts. Every retard who ever signed a reflective-belt memo should be turned over to ISIL with a dotted “cut here” line tattooed around his neck;
- Millions for boondoggles like this (So far, they’ve blown a third of a billion on this alone), versus pennies for readiness and training;
- When some Joe screws up, anything from DUI to serious crimes like rape, the zero-defects careerist leader’s natural reaction: mass punishment for everyone who didn’t F up in the form of scolding “awareness” classes, videos, and of course, inevitably: PowerPoints;
- Piss-poor leadership from NCA on down;
- Mandatory fun days, usually some form of fun beloved by a commander that he thinks the troops ought to find just as much fun, too;
- Unilateral disarmament;
- Valuing terror states over our troops;
- Lionizing Blue Falcon Supreme Bowe Bergdahl as a hero;
- More concern for Nidal Hasan than for the victims of his Sudden Jihad Syndrome outbreak, who only got the Purple Heart because Congress force-fed it to an anti-soldier Secretary of Defense;
- Freeing the Gitmo terrs, who return to terrorism in most cases;
- Abandoning the Iraqi and Afghan leaders who threw in with us to their fates;
- Abandoning Israel to suck up to the mullahs who get their mobs chanting “Marg Bar Amrika!” every Friday;
- Letting one of those same mullahs chant a mohammedan victory prayer over our dead men, in one instance, none of whom was a mohammedan;
- Cutting .mil benefits, especially health care;
- Cutting .mil pay;
- Threatening pensions;
- A Veterans Health Administration that wouldn’t even measure up as a Veteranarians activity;
- The fact that they’ve been making soldiers waste time taking these stupid “resiliency assessments” for six years now and are only now getting around to reading the data.
- The fact that the Army wastes resources on a Resiliency Center run by a waste of skin named Sharyn Saunders, who first lied to USA Today about the data and then changed the thresholds to produce better-looking Potemkin data.
So of course the sphinctroids that produced this state of affairs can’t figure out why morale is in the tank (and that’s tank, septic, not tank, main battle). And of course they can’t think of a way to resolve the problem, other than more of the same.
In other words, the beatings will continue until morale improves.