For the billions wasted on the Transportation Security Theater Agency (the direct cost of the failed agency is approaching $10B a year), and the complete lack of performance of the agency (the number of terrorists caught and/or terror plots thwarted by TSA is holding at 0), the agency is doing what government agencies do: grabbing more money. Directly from travelers.
A security fee that the government charges airline passengers more than doubled on Monday, from $2.50 to $5.60.
Lawmakers last year approved an increase in the fee, which is tacked onto the cost of airplane tickets, as part of a budget agreement.
Additionally, passengers will be charged twice if they have a layover for a connecting flight….
“Due to new @TSA fee hike, travelers will pay a billion dollars more per year in added taxes/fees thanks to U.S. [government],” Airlines for American President Nick Calio tweeted recently.
There is no limit to the greed of these payroll patriots. And there’s no accountability for their failures. The director who built a multimillion-dollar Xanadu office? No consequences. The hundreds, if not thousands, of TSA agents who steal from travelers? No consequences (in the worst case, they are quietly fired with a neutral reference). The abuses of Behavioral Detection Officer quackery? No consequences. Mismanagement at every level? No consequences.
- Remember the TSA mong who dumped out a traveler’s cremains, and laughed about it?
- How about the way they made up a bogus security classification to hide reports of pervasive employee theft and misconduct?
- Did we mention, theft? C’mon, does the TSA really steal from baggage? Let me Google that for you.
- The way they bungled the Air Marshal program into the ground? (With bonus perv).
- And that does remind us of all the TSA Pervs — whole battalions of ’em. Here’s one of their mongs abusing a dwarf.
- Or the TSA criminals, like the guy who was going to “come back and shoot up the place.”
- Wanting to root through parked cars and locking first responders out of an incident scene, all in one post
No one good, decent, honest, competent, moral, ethical or intelligent has ever been employed at TSA in any capacity whatsoever.