The key feature of the post, the links to this week’s stories, should be solid, though.
The links will probably be live when the post goes live. If not, they will all be enlivened by Sunday midnight, or we’ll sacrifice a kid goat; to find the posts scroll down. Enjoy!
The Boring Statistics
Our article count was 26, up a hair from last week’s 29, Word count was much higher, 22,000 versus 16,000 words. Five posts were over 1,000 words, three of them over 2,000.
The mean and median post sizes were 839 and 749 respectively, miuch higher than last week’s numbers, reflective of a lack of very short posts and an overall tendency to longer ones. There was only one sub-100-word post, and 8 total sub-500-word posts (down from 12). We exceeded our desired objective of 19 posts by 7. So far this year we’ve had over 100,000 hits, over 150 blog posts, and over 800 comments.
Comments are slightly down to 127 as of press time; with the normal long tail we expect it to grow. Last week’s went from 135 at that TW3 press time to 158 as of this TW3 press time.
Thanks for commenting!
Most Commented Post of the Week
The Week in Posts
Here’s the recap of our posts for this week:
- Super Bowl Sunday, and we won’t be watching.
- We haven’t deserted you, it’s just that The Monday AM post is taking a while…
- The AK came to America in decades past and here are three of the earliest.
- Shorter Karzai: “Thanks for the Swiss account but F you.”
- Sometimes he feels like a nut, sometimes he don’t? Johnson misses his Johnson, hits the twins.
- Somewhere there might be a supply of Canned Garands
- US Weakness has Consequences, as the whole world takes John Kerry’s lunch money.
- If you keep getting shot, you may be doing something wrong. Brought to you by Vitamin Clue.
- The joy and heartbreak of dogs. OT: Cent per Cent, Collected.
- About that RIP ammo (yes, it is as bogus as Bigfoot).
- TSA catfight… Please God, can they all lose? Fortunately their reputations can’t really be damaged.
- Shorn of anti-gun sponsor, Harrisburg show soars.
- Wednesday Weapons Website of the Week: C&Rsenal has some incredible pictures!
- We argue that Dr Marian Jurek’s Webley 9mm was The Prettiest Handgun that Never Was.
- Maybe the worst ‘War’ Movie ever was an attempt to reach out to… er… wankers.
- John F’n Kerry has a Final Solution for the Mideast but the *^%#%^!! Jews won’t get on the trains.
- Attacks on utility substation give a disturbing answer to the question: What can a mere rifle do?
- Remembering Robinson “Robbie” Risner, Vietnam War POW
- OT: Economy gets better, minority hardest hit. Yes, they’re concern-trolling the displacement of youth gang members.
- We’ve observed that “For the children” never works for actual, you know, children
- And events in Bridgeport raise a troubling question: Is a double standard for negligent discharges justified?
- Here is the grandpappy of your M240: the Browning Automatic Rifle, introduced dynamically by Larry Vickers (all you schmoes who hem and haw in your videos, watch this one and start over).
- An Ayatollah for Religious Freedom? was not the droid they were expecting.
- When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have windshields, which have their own dynamic when applied to a human being.
- Saturday Matinee 2014 06: Under Heavy Fire (2001) was simply beastly.
- That was the week that was: 2014 Week 06 is this document.
We hope you enjoyed this week’s content. We enjoyed bringing it to you!
Here’s how we did on last week’s promises:
The overdue and the underdelivered:
- X A major post on Gerald Bull’s awesome space-capable artillery that seems to have entrenched itself on the back burner.
- √ To post 3 x day x 6 days. Exceeded.
- One gun-tech or -industry post and one SOF/UW post per day x 6 days. Depending on how one classifies posts, we did this.
- √ To post a √ WWWW, a √ TW3, and a √ Saturday Matinee, before COB Saturday. Wow, we did it.
- X One back Saturday Matinee. Nope. But we have a couple future ones in works. Please God, no more crappy movies.
- A post on the two Greek Civil Wars (the WWII resistance and the attempted late 40s communist subversion or takeover).
This is pretty much going to be a standing set of promises until we have a reason to improve them.
For Next Week
Our goals are unchanged:
- to catch up the long-festering back posts mentioned above, now back up to just two features (Gerald Bull, and the Greek Insurgencies). We also have some other stuff that has sat way to long in the draft queue (there are 219 posts there right now, net plus 10 since last week).
- to post three times a day, six days a week, of which:
- one gun-tech or -industry post and one SOF, UW, or war-related post up daily.
- a WWWW, on Wednesday.
- a Saturday Matinee, and a TW3 before the week ends at midnight Saturday.
Some specifics we know we previously promised and did not deliver:
- A video of a protective vest entrepreneur doing the usual confidence demonstration, with some historical demos thrown in;
- An explanation of why both opponents and supporters have always given background checks more credence than they’re really worth;
- Even more M16 stuff from the historical archives (note that we’ve been chiseling away at this);
- The formulas for invisibility, if we can figure out how to display formulas in WordPress (actually it’s more serious than that as we think we’ve lost track of the scientific paper).
The draft queue is 219, up from last week’s 210.
See you with a TW3 on Saturday! (Again!)